Why in India?
India is regarded as the ‘motherland’ of Ayurvedic Medicine where teachings have been passed down from generation to generation over several thousand years. It is believed that Kerala, in Southern India, has one of the oldest histories of Ayurveda. In a peaceful setting, far from the distractions of everyday life, our Kerala Ayurvedic retreats are designed to connect with this heritage. This authentic Ayurvedic environment enables participants to be fully immersed in the healing process, and develop a deeper connection with themselves.
Here, true shifts in thinking and healing can occur.
What is Panchakarma Therapy?
Ayurveda describes disease as the final expression of the accumulation of toxins in the mind and body. These ancient procedures for eliminating impurities are known as Panchakarma, in Sanskrit ‘pancha’ means ‘five’ and ‘karma’ means ‘action’, and are considered to be the five most powerful, purifying, and rejuvenative actions in Ayurveda. The five therapies are designed to facilitate the deep-rooted release of imbalances and stress, encouraging the patient to surrender to the healing process.
Who can benefit?
Panchakarma benefits not only the chronically ill, but also those seeking a way to maintain long term good health and rejuvenation. Remarkable results in chronic conditions have been achieved with Panchakarma.
- autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiples sclerosis or psoriasis
- respiratory conditions such as asthma or sinusitis
- chronic pain including sciatica, severe headaches or back pain
- digestive disorders such as IBS, crohn’s, allergies or ulcerations
- lifestyle conditions caused by stress such as chronic fatigue, obesity, cardiovascular disease, anxiety or depression
- other conditions like hepatitis, acne or diabetes
Many westerners also seek Panchakarma to detoxify the body after radio- and chemotherapy.
What will be included in your Panchakarma Programme at an Ayurveda Retreat?
- Airport transfers to and from Retreat
- Initial consultation with a Senior Ayurvedic Doctor
- 1-2 body treatments per day designed uniquely for you
- Regular check up visits from Ayurvedic Doctors
- Full time on site support from Ayurveda New Zealand Practitioner
- All Vegetarian meals (3 per day)
- All herbal medicines required during treatment
- Single accommodation with ensuite bathroom
- An abundant supply of fresh, clean drinking water, infused with ayurvedic herbs
Cost of Retreat
Cost to be advised
Why come with us?
Sarita and Nicole, founders of Ayurveda New Zealand have the common vision to share the wisdom of Ayurveda with others. Both have studied and practiced Ayurvedic medicine in New Zealand and in India for the past 5 years, and have become valuable links between Ayurveda in India and in the West. They work as a team, with Sarita in New Zealand and Nicole in India, to provide a full spectrum of Ayurvedic treatments to clients in both countries.
“We understand that travelling on your own to India can be an intimidating idea, especially when seeking health care. We have both travelled to India many times, undertaken Panchakarma therapy personally and accompanied clients there. Our role is to guide the process, working alongside the Ayurvedic physician, and answering any of the questions that arise during your treatment. We are there to support and care for you during your stay at Surya Ayurvedic retreat.”